Spring in the Rocky Mountains is one of the most legendary and enjoyable seasons in Colorado. Warm sun, great snow, and beautiful scenery are par for the course. It’s the perfect time of year to work on your goggle tan as you soak up the sun and prepare for all of the summer activities that Colorado is known for.
Here in Summit County there is always a long list of local events and activities that make spring a great time to visit the high country. Check out some of our favorite ways to enjoy spring in the Rockies below and comment to tell us your favorite ways to enjoy spring!
- Enjoying a beverage on one of the patios in Breckenridge. Nothing beats a beer on a patio with great views of the mountains, which is why we are making this our number one spring activity pick. Some of our favorite patios can be found at Rocky Mountain Underground, where you can people watch Main Street Breckenridge, Kenosha Steakhouse, with great views of Breckenridge Ski Resort and outdoor games for the kids, and Broken Compass Brewery where you can hang out in the sun with your furry friend at this pet friendly brewery.
- Catching some live music at Breckenridge’s Spring Beer Festival. While Breckenridge Resort has rolled back their Springtopia celebrations, there are still plenty of opportunities to enjoy springtime in Breckenridge. Check out GoBreck’s Spring Fever page for all the great events going on this spring.
- Spring skiing at one of Summit County’s 4 world class ski resorts. Whether you choose to ski the expansive resorts like Breckenridge and Keystone or you choose to ski the hometown favorites of Arapahoe Basin or Copper, you can’t go wrong skiing when the snow is soft and the sun is out!
- Taking a jog or bike ride on the Blue River Trail, Frisco Recreation Path, or the Dillon Reservoir Loop. Finally after months of snow covering all the trails and recpaths in Summit County it’s time to start getting back in shape and getting ready for mountain biking and hiking. If you’re a biker check out our blog on early season biking in Summit County for some ideas on where to start spinning your wheels.
- Sitting at the beach at Arapahoe Basin. If you’ve never experienced a beach spot at A-Basin have you even lived? Lapping the ski resort and skiing directly to your car is the ultimate tailgating experience you can only find in Colorado. Accomplishing this means you are competing with some of the most dedicated skiers in Colorado. If you don’t feel like waking up before dawn to battle for a beach spot you can reserve them from A-Basin by clicking here.
These are just some of our favorite springtime activities in Summit County. Don’t miss our favorite time of the year! Let us help you plan your spring vacation! Call us at 970-453-7370 to start planning today!