It’s some of the warmest days of the year in Frisco right now with sunny skies and temperatures averaging a comfortable 75 degrees. That means all of our favorite Frisco summer activities are in full swing and people are enjoying the beautiful mountain weather. Come join in the fun in Frisco this summer!
Sailboats, kayaks, and stand up paddle boards dot the lake while cyclists and hikers enjoy the paved bike path that circles Lake Dillon. People are soaking up the sun on the patios of the local restaurants while enjoying a cold beverage and shoppers are peering through the windows of the local shops. People are wandering the Main Street of the Rockies while wearing masks and maintaining a safe physical distance from each other. Hikers are enjoying the cool mountain breeze on the dozens of local trails while their pups take in all the smells during the dog days of summer in Frisco.
Are you a “shop ‘til you drop” die hard looking to explore the historic downtown of Frisco this summer? There’s no better time to shop local in Frisco with the new “Love Frisco, Shop Frisco” promotion that the Town of Frisco established to encourage locals and visitors alike to support local businesses. The Town of Frisco will match 33% of your purchase at any participating Frisco businesses (including lodging companies) when you purchase an e-gift card from the “Love Frisco, Shop Frisco” program. You can even pre-purchase the gift cards and send them to someone. It makes a great last-minute gift! Here’s how it works:
- Spend $30, receive a bonus $10
- Spend $75, receive a bonus $25
- Spend $120, receive a bonus $40
- “Love Frisco, Shop Frisco” e-gift cards will be available for purchase online beginning on June 12 until August 31, 2020 or while funding/supplies last.
- Individuals may receive a maximum of $125 in bonus gift cards, which will expire on September 15, 2020.
- Purchased e-gift cards will never expire.
- When you purchase the Love Frisco, Shop Frisco e-gift card online, you will receive an email or text with MasterCard e-gift cards for use in local Frisco shops, lodging, and restaurants. You will not receive a physical card.
If you’re more of an outdoorsy type who’s looking for a bit of adventure for your Frisco visit, check out some of our favorite Frisco activities:
- Go for a hike: Use this interactive map to find a trail that’s perfect for you.
- Explore Lake Dillon: The Frisco Bay Marina has a great lakeside restaurant and offers rentals of all kinds as well as boat tours so you can get some lake time.
- Go for a ride: There’s tons of biking options around Frisco including easy paved trail riding for the whole family and some of the best mountain bike trails in the state for the more adventurous. One of our favorite rides and hands down the most beautiful is the Vail Pass Bike Tour!
- Hit the links: There are a handful of beautiful golf courses around Frisco including Copper Creek Golf Course with the highest tee box in North America sitting at 9,863 feet! You’ll be hitting your drive farther than ever before at this elevation!
- Hit the river: Catch some waves on one of the numerous legendary rivers around Frisco with a whitewater tour from a rafting company. Or you can try your luck catching a monster trout in one of the Gold Medal fishing sections around Frisco with a professional fishing guide.
No matter how you want to enjoy your mountain vacation, Frisco is the perfect place to explore the Rocky Mountains! Comment you’re favorite Frisco activity below!