You are here
Summer Staff Picks
We surveyed all of our staff members at Summit Mountain Rentals to see what their favorite summer activities are. Here's what they had to say:
Bella & Buddha, Office Dogs
- Bella - Hustling treats from guests as soon as they walk through the door.
- Buddha - Getting kisses from Rita.
- Bella & Buddha - Hiking anywhere in Summit County, except when it's snowing. The longer the hike, the more we love.
Beth, Executive Administrator
I love how Summit County is a super family-friendly community. Enjoying the great outdoors with my husband, two daughters, our dog and friends is what makes me smile!
- Exploring in the woods. We have so much fun watching wildlife, spotting wildflowers, having picnics, and telling stories on the trails in our backyard.
- Boating & island hopping on Lake Dillon. The vistas from Lake Dillon are A-mazing, and we have fun looking-out for local legend Blue Dilly!
- Enjoying all the great music and festivals offered in the County. We love to pack a cooler, grab our hula-hoops, and kick back while enjoying good music with friends. We are so fortunate that local festivals, Farmer’s Markets, and the horse stables are just a bike ride away.
Calen, Front Desk/span>
- Any form of cycling. Mountain biking, road biking, multi-day trips. As long as I'm on a bike I'm sure to have a good time.
- Exploring new places. Weather its hiking, biking backpacking, four wheeling, or even visiting a town I've never been before. I really enjoy seeing new things. There is so much up here, you could live here for years and still have plenty to explore.
- Free concerts at Dillion Amphitheater. I am a huge live music fan and you can't beat a venue like that. They start in the evening when the sun is going down and the background is perfect. You have a beautiful view of the sunset over lake Dillion and the Gore and Ten Mile Range.
David W, General Manager
- Saturday evening concerts at the Lake Dillon Amphitheater. Great place to people watch and enjoy a picnic on the lawn as the sun sets behind Buffalo Mountain.
- Disc Golf on the peninsula in Frisco. Great views of Lake Dillon and the Ten Mile Range.
- Farmers markets in Breckenridge, Dillon, and Vail! Always fun to try locally sourced food and crafts.
Emma, Front Desk
- Hiking with my dogs and daughter on our 300 acre horse ranch in Fairplay.
- Tasting new beers from all over Colorado.
- Checking out music festivals.
Kristen P, Front Desk Manager
- Going on overnight backpacking trips around the area.
- Having a margarita on the various outside restaurant decks in Breckenridge.
- Going rafting with Performance Tours! They are the absolute best. It is always a great time with them. They provide great food, lots of laughs, and always put safety first. Rafting the Browns Canyon in Buena Vista in my personal favorite trip.
- I love any hike with a dog at my side and a mountain lake as a destination. So many lakes to choose from! Wheather a long hike or short, just seeing a lake from the trail and then relaxing beside it is so re-energizing and soothing! Not to mention the colorful sea of wildflowers we (the dog and I!) blaze through to get there!
- Rafting - whether a leisurely float on the river or one spiced up with rapids - a splash of cold water in my face will make me laugh and scream! The sun is always in abundance, and soaking in the water goes hand in hand with soaking up vitamin D. Let the sun rays tickle your body - it will make you feel good!
- I am not a mountain biking expert, but any bike trail I find is an adventure worth taking! Narrow trails, trees, wildflowers (and maybe rasberries!), arduous climbs, and glorious descents - I can take it all and reward myself afterwards with a cold beverage or two!
- BBQ'ing after an afternoon rain.
- Hiking with my family everywhere, 2 adults, 2 dogs.
- Camping by the lake.
- Lake Dillon Water Taxi - cheapest tour of Lake Dillon and surrounding views, dogs are free, bikes are welcome - have a drink at the Tiki Bar and bike back to Frisco. Or, vice versa - bike there and take the water taxi back to Frisco Marina for snacks at the Island Grill. Try the Island Sunset, their house signature drink.
- Hiking any Summit County trail with Mark and two Chihuahuas - they love to hike, even hiked 9 miles from Frisco to Breckenridge via Peaks Trail!
- Frisco BBQ Challenge - the biggest and the tastiest summer event, spans 3 days, not to be missed.
- Skiing in any of the Summit County resorts.
- Snowshoeing in the backcountry.
- Happy Hour at Relish.
Tiffany, Inspector Manager
- I am a huge gardener, I had the best garden in Alma last year.
- I like to take my kids swimming.
- My family does a lot of horseback riding and outdoor activities.