Written by Tim Bender
Want to take zip lining to the highest level? Check out Top of the Rockies Zip Line!
SMR Staff Zip Lining
Your adventure begins at 10,000 feet above sea level when you check in at the base area of Top of the Rockies Zip Line. Proceed to the Monster M925 Military Truck in the summer or a snow cat in the winter that takes you up 1,000 feet through private forest with breathtaking views. Arrive at 11,000 feet for the first of 5 separate zip lines.
- Experience the rush of zipping over an active train track, duplicated nowhere else in the world.
- 4 of the zip lines are side by side, hold hands with your partner if you would like!
- See numerous 14ers, including Mt. Elbert, Colorado's highest point.
- Learn history about the area from the competent guides who are with you from start to finish.
- Zip on cables 850 feet long overpine trees and streams.
This course will impress even the most seasoned of zippers and is worth the short trip from anywhere in Summit County or Leadville. Combine it in the summer with hiking, biking, rafting, fishing and a plethora of other activities at your disposal. In the winter parlay it with snow riding, snow shoeing, sleigh rides and snowmobiling if that's your style. The Rocky Mountains have much to offer all year. Get there!